You are all probably wondering why the title of this post is a date. Well, it is pretty exciting but it is not the date we'll be getting a baby. It's the date that will go down in history in the J&L home and probably the Cranor home....I am running a 1/2 marathon that day. WHAT?!!?? Ya, seriously it's not a joke. Kim, I hope you didn't fall over reading that. It is still sinking in for me, and it's really sinking in my legs so far. I'm on day 2 of training with my sister-in-law Erin, who is an avid marathon runner and the reason I have agreed to such madness. Day 1 of training was an easy run/walk of 2 miles and it wasn't bad at all. I could still breathe, and I managed to be able to talk for most of the run. Day 2: waking up I could tell my legs were barely working so I just rolled onto the floor. Stretched out a little before Erin got here for my 2nd workout so I could actually walk. Walked a little ways, then did my first timed 1/2 mile. It wasn't too bad, 5:26, then we walked back home and now my legs are seriously not feeling very sturdy or stable. I believe the last time I ran was a couple of years ago in the little Pocatello Fun Run 5k with Jeff and I thought I would die then...I was racing a little 10 year old to the finish line; he may have won :) So to all you runners and non-runners alike reading this, I am officially inviting you to run with me in the Valley of Fire marathon or 1/2 marathon or 10k November 22, 2008 at 8:00am. Happy trails! -L
PS- Here's a pic of us from 4th of July!
13 years ago


7 comments:
Good for you! I should get on the exercise bandwagon ... sigh ... I'm lazy.
By the way, I love your Nothing 2 Fancy blog! You have way cute stuff!
That is fabulous- lots of hard work; We are so proud!
much love,
Lisa
Girl, I haven't seen you in forever! Danette says that you guys are living in Vegas? I've been in Phoenix the last 5 years. I can't believe you're crazy enough to do a 1/2 marathon. Good luck with that! lol!
Holy Cow! I am so freakn' proud! Good luck with the trainig. You're going to feel great after it's all said and done. love ya!
Go Liz!! I got up and ran this morning and just reminded myself how much I hate doing it. I won't say never, but it will be awhile before I have "marathon" in my vocabulary. It's fun runs for me! Best of luck!
p.s. are you guys coming camping?
WOW!!! I am so impressed. That is quite impressive. I've always thought it would be kind-of cool to do. I would need someone to motivate and help me too!!! Glad you guys are doing good!! Congrats on being done with school!
Oh, I'm so excited for you! Are you going to make Jeff run with you? Well, you are one awesome girl!
Post a Comment