August 15, 2008

Quick Update

Just thought I'd post a quick little update about life. I had a great week and thank you to everyone who called or wrote to tell me happy birthday! I wanted to update about my marathon training. All of you who have done marathons and love running....how do you do it?!!? My body is so tired! Our workout schedule has running on M, T, S, with Mondays always being a 2 mile recovery run, Tuesdays our speed workouts where we do timed half mile repeats, and Saturdays are the long runs. This week I honestly thought I was going to die! I couldn't finish running my 3rd 1/2 mile and today we ran 6 miles and I was so hot and my legs were getting all tight and my chest was hurting, I told Jeff I think I've hit a wall or something because I thought it would start getting easier, but I feel like it's getting way harder. Then I think holy cow, I'll have to run 6 more miles to finish my half marathon, how in the world am I going to do that? I guess it's a lot of mental toughness that I'm lacking right now, any suggestions on how to keep going through the hot sweaty pain would be appreciated! Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, I can't believe I'm 28! I still feel like I am about 22...except when I run!

6 comments:

Christy said...

OK here is a great websitehttp://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. And this is a great starter workout. I am sure you have been running for a while but I assure you it is a great work out and it really helps with your endurance. Keep it up it will get much easier!

Christy Taylor (England)

Amber said...

Holy crap your old! Running is going to add more years on to you and then you will be older than me.. hee hee. Your doing good with your running I would have hit a wall the 2 day, so keep up the good work. Love ya!

Kim said...

here's what i've come to realize with my training. You'll have good days and bad, it gets harder before it gets easier..but it will get easier! And listen to your body. You can't make it to 13 with an injury, so just take your time...you'll get there if you keep at it! Your amazing! Go LIz, Go LIz, Go Liz!!!

Dawna said...

Hi Liz (and Jeff) - this is Dawna Rasmussen (now Burket). I found your blog through someone's today - maybe Cheri England's? Nothing like blogging to reconnect you with friends from your childhood ward, eh?

Anyways, I wanted to post a comment and tell you that I am so excited that you are adopting and that you have everything done and approved! If you ever need anyone to talk/email about your adoption, I'd be more than willing. My husband and I just got our sweet Owen in June from Texas and we can't believe how awesome he is. When you're waiting and working through all the paperwork it seems like the baby may never come, but it will - and it will be more amazing than you can even imagine.

I feel so blessed every day when I realize I'm holding the answer to so many prayers.

We will definitely be including you in our prayers and hope your waiting goes by FAST!

Jami said...

Liz, I'm a dirtbag. Had NO idea it was your birthday! I hope it was fabulous! Hey, if you and Jeff ever need to get away...please take a 3 hour drive and come stay with me! I would so LOVE to see you again!

Super Angie said...

Liz, this is Lisa's sister Angie. I am so impressed that you are training for a marathon! When we lived in Las Vegas, I didn't even like going outside during the summer, let alone running. Holy Moley!