August 28, 2008

Whoa Mamma

First, I think I sounded a little too sad and serious in the last post, which is wierd because that isn't typically me. Second, thanks to everyone for posting comments on there and for looking for ways to spread the word of adoption. Third, I was thinking about what if some of you really do meet someone who is thinking of placing a baby for adoption; what information would you give them? I hope all of you reading will remember this website: http://www.itsaboutlove.com/ That's all you really need to give them (well and our name is JeffAndLiz2 if you want). But seriously, if any of you haven't looked at that site it gives some inspiring words about adoption and allows a birthmother to choose what kind of parents she would like her baby to grow up with. Anyway...remember that one. Last, I just want to say how honestly thankful I am to be able to adopt. I think about it every day and really I consider myself lucky. I used to be sad that I wasn't able to get pregnant, but now I look at my life and I LOVE IT! I love the road we have taken, the stairs we are climbing, the muscles we're building, and the mansion we are preparing. I hope my little posts will help others be more aware of adoption and what a sweet blessing it is for families everywhere. Oh ya, one more thing...whoa mamma I didn't know so many people check this blog...haha welcome to my crazyland :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, but I always feel inadequate about leaving a "profound" enough comment because I don't know exactly what you are experiencing with the whole adoption process. BUT I do think about you guys a lot and what a fun family you are and how any baby will be so blessed and lucky to have you as parents. I hope this process goes quickly for you.

deatherages said...

lizard, I wrote down the info and will seriously give it out to every 17 yr old I scan. I love you both and can't wait to read the post that says... we got the call!

Harris said...

Hey. I can't wait to get on here and see that a little one will be yours! I have been meaning to tell you forever that Beau's uncle is a lawyer in Twin Falls and does soooooo many adoption cases. He is a really great guy and two of their kids are adopted. I don't know if you are even interested in something like that. Let me know if you want his number and you could even just call and talk to him. You're in our prayers.

Fortunes said...

You'll be the best parents ever! I'll spread the news at work. Have you ever thought of fostering babies. We have infants in the NICU who get placed in foster homes because they are abandoned or are born to drug mothers. Then usually there is the option to adopt later. If you want more info let me know. We love you guys.

Jared and Lisa said...

I read your blog often... I hope you don't mind. I don't know much about adoption but I do know that you guys will make great parents. I am always inspired to be better everytime I read on of your posts. GOOD LUCK:)

Stefanie said...

Liz, I just found your blog and am so glad I did. Kev and I have often thought of you guys and what is going on in your lives. We're excited to hear you are going to adopt, and we'll keep you in mind and in our prayers.