I wish I was an excellent, entertaining, insightful writer. That's just one of my many wishes, but for those of you who know me, you know my brain is a bounce house and sometimes if I bounce around a cohesive, structured thought will actually appear! Hopefully it will happen here. Last night we went to visit some friends who recently got married. They are so cute and so funny we love to chat with them. Anywho, she is a high school teacher here and was telling us some of the crazy kids she met at the first day of school yesterday and told us she has at least 2 girls who are pregnant. I told her to tell them about this great couple who's adopting! Then she told us that last year teaching 7th grade, she had a student ask about buying a pregnancy test for his girlfriend...7th grade. I guess one thing I wish the most, especially right now, is that people would remember how important family is, and that they would remember how Heavenly Father created families and how important living the commandments is. I wish people could understand the peace and happiness that comes from faithful obedience to the Lord. I wish that somewhere some birth mother will take a serious look at the life of the baby she carries inside her and want something better and more complete for him/her that she may not be able to provide and have the courage to choose adoption. "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartache, whatever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is greiving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."
13 years ago


8 comments:
Keep believing! Somewhere, someday, someone will realize how important it is and how special you guys are. I'm sure it can't come fast enough, but I pray for you all the time. Love you!
It will come to you, I'm sure of it! It is so sad to think that there are so many people out there that don't lives with our standards or don't know that they could live better!
Hey there gorgeous! My heart breaks for you and Jeff, but I am confident of thing, girl. After my sister went through the entire adoption process a little over a year ago, she said something to me that never left. She said, "Amber, as hard as it was to wait and wait and wait to be chosen as a mother, I know that someone up above was saving her just for me. I was predestined to be her mother. I was predestined to wait."
I know it doesn't make the ache and emptiness dissipate, but just a little food for thought.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Liz,
I don't know if you remember us, I am Shannon Klingler, but when we first got married we were in your married student ward. My brother Brian Brenchley is good friends with Justin and Jenn and Doug and I went to school with Amy.
Anyway, we recently adopted our first child through LDS Family Services in July. I found your blog and know exactly what you are going through. But I can tell you that when that special birthmother finds you it will all be worth it. I promise! We had a hard time keeping hope too until our birthmother contacted us, but I have no doubt in my mind that our little girl was sent from a loving Heavenly Father for us. As I know your little one will too. If you need anything please fell free to get a hold of us. We will keep you in our prayers!
Love, Shannon Klingler
Liz, I scanned a 21 year old girl who was asking me about adoption and I gave her your name and told her to google you. I think you are doing the best you can by putting yourself out there. You have amazing courage and faith and you inspire me!
Hey, Liz. I hope you remember me from high school.. Crystal Roberts (Sudweeks). I have come across your blog several times and everytime I leave it, I am crying! I cannot imagine what you have gone through. You are a strong person and I admire you a lot. I also wanted to tell you that Jeff's cousin is in our ward in Farmington, Stacy Quist. And his aunt Anne, used to be until they split our ward! IT is a small world! And, my dad got to know his brother (I think Jason) really well when as he is in the single's ward bishopric. Neat family!
Liz,
My name is Brandy Anderson and I actually went to school with you and Jeff (I was a couple years younger than you guys, so being the seniors, I knew who both of you were, but you probably didn't kn0w me.) I am friends with Jennifer and Justin. I have been reading your blog for quite sometime, and have felt inspired to write many times, but I am never quite sure exactly what to say. I am not eloquant with words, but I need you to know that I admire you greatly! You are so incredibly beautiful, talented, fabulous and perfect! My husband and I have been married for 4 years and have had our adoption papers in for awhile as well. My hope and prayer is that your birthmother will find you soon. Your seadfastness, love, hope and faith are so incredibly strong!! You are a light to me and to others who are in our shoes. Thank you for being you!!
Oh, how i wish i knew the exact thing to say! I know that you must have many highs and lows, but I pray the highs are more often! I worked in a dr's office that had both pediatrics and family but one of the family phisicians focused on infertility and it was so sad and frustrating to see wonderful, talented, prepared couples struggle to have one baby while on the pediatrics side you would see and wonder how or why someone who didn't want or take care of what they had get multiple! It's still something I don't understand along with all the young mothers that there are! 7th grade! That is heartbreaking. I admire your strength and that you have allowed your testimony to strenghthen rather than diminish in this trial! I have never known all the words to that song and as I read it in regards to you and your wish it made me cry! I can't wait for you to have all that you deserve!
Post a Comment