

This is our race from Saturday the 20th, 8 miles up in Lee Canyon at Mt. Charleston. I love to be outdoors and am always so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who created such a beautiful earth for us to enjoy, but Saturday I was pretty angry that he had to put SO many hills in one area! I think it must have been like swimming in the ocean with wave after wave hitting you, only it was hill after hill to climb. These pictures are when we come up over one of the last hills and we just passed the 7 mile mark, I was so happy. Jeff was a total stud in the race. He stuck it out going slow with me and pushing me to finish...which actually started at about mile 1 1/2 when I started telling him I was only running 4 miles because I couldn't make it over those hills without dying. I got pretty cranky from miles 2-4 and said at one point that my butt was clapping with the back of my thigh because I'm not in good enough shape and Jeff said "Hey that's awesome you're running with your own cheering section the whole way then!" I needed a good laugh at that point. Then I was able to enjoy being in the mountains in the morning and finishing the race, which we did...in almost last place. We beat 4 people who were in a different age group but I'm not telling you which one. I'm just happy I finished, and that it only took me 3 days to be able to walk without pain afterwards! Happy trails!
13 years ago



12 comments:
Oh my gosh, I think I peed a little! That was a great post.
Nice Job!! I am so impressed - I only run on the flats - I am way too scared of hills - they kill me! You Rock!
That's awesome! 8 miles, with or without hills, sounds painful to me! Way to go guys!
Nice job, I'm impressed! I HATE running. I love the butt clapping.
Oh Liz you make me laugh! Great job. I think you need to reward yourself with some BWW.
Wow! You are amazing, I never could have finished the first 1/2 mile!!! You inspire me.
So proud of you guys! Love you bunches....
Dad Davenport
Fabulous-you are truely amazing! I think Jeff needs to take to to a spa, or atleast and an amazing date!
Much love,
Lisa
Good for you guys....congrats! I can't wait to run again!!!!!
Check out those pics!! Looks like a great hill(s)...What an accomplishment, i bet you feel great. You look awesome out there! Keep it up. BTW..love the beatles tune, brings back loads of memories. love ya
I was laughing out loud when I read this. You are hilarious!! Good job on finishing the race- I am so impressed.
Wow! You guys are an inspiration. I'm done after a mile. You go girl! And boy!
Post a Comment