November 23, 2008

Valley of Fire Marathon

Me. Erin, and Lil' E right before the gun.
Jeff took care of Hailey the ENTIRE weekend for me!
Finally finishing!
My awesome family waiting for me at the end of the race.
I actually had a lot of fun running the half marathon and felt a huge sense of accomplishment at the end. I can't believe that anyone would actually run 26 miles at one time...you all are crazy! I will definitely be running another 1/2 marathon so if anyone has one to suggest, let me know. Jeff was so awesome and supportive. He wouldn't let me wake up with Hailey Thursday night, Friday night, or Saturday night so that I could have enough rest and he got me a massage the night before the race and made me pasta. The day of the race he woke up early to take my picture before I left the house and took care of Hailey the whole race. Then after the race he stretched me out really good (I love being married to a PT!) and gave me a little goodie bag, and took me to dinner. I felt like a princess; and now I feel like a princess who can't walk very well. Anywho, the race was awesome and I'm so glad I did it. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and suggestions through the whole training process.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

K Lind said...

Congrats on the race! You are awesome! Here is a toast to good husbands! :o)

Harris Family said...

Oh my goodness - way to go!!! That is so impressive...both you and Jeff! What a guy! I love the cute family pic at the end. Can't wait to see you guys!

Kim said...

You're such a stud! I'm so proud of you. And what a guy...given you the royal treatment like the queen you are:)

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

Good Job!! But I think you're crazy; but I do admire anyone with that ambition. Hailey is getting big, she's so cute we can't wait to play with her again.

Eaton Five said...

I am so impressed and inspired! Way to go Liz!

Fortunes said...

You go girl! That is impressive. What a good husband you have. We miss you guys. Next time you drive back to Idaho, you better stop by and visit Jer and I. We want to meet little Hailey.