I wanted to post the little video I got from graduation day and also Jeff started work today!!!! I'm pretty proud of him and how hard he works and how smart he is...is that bad? My brother and some people in the ward started calling him "Dr. Davenport" and the other day we got a letter from the NV State Board of PT regarding the use of the term doctor in regards to his degree. They state that practitioners MUST refer to themselves by their licensing designation when communicating with the public. Practitioners MAY NOT refer to themselves or other practitioners verbally as "Doctor" when communicating with the public. Practitioners MAY ELECT to refer to themselves by their educational designation in verbal and written communications, but must do so only after referencing their licensing designation. So, correctly for Jeff it would be (verbally) Hi, I'm Jeff Davenport, your physical therapist. I have a Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy. Correctly written it will be Jeff Davenport, PT, DPT. I originally thought this was silly since even someone with a doctorate in English may refer to themselves as "Dr. soandso", but at church the other day after a few people kept referring to him as "Dr. Davenport" we actually had a lady bring her daughter up who had an earache and wanted to know what they could do for her and if he knew where the best urgent care center was....oops. Jeff had to explain what he does as a physical therapist and tell her he didn't do anything with medicine. So now I can see and understand the boards position on the use of the term "Doctor", but I still like to think of him as "Dr. Davenport"
13 years ago


5 comments:
Ah, Jeff you look so cute!! No really I am so proud of you!!
Congrats, Dr. um ... I mean Jeff Davenport, PT, DPT!!!! That is awesome!
Liz- that is wierd about the whole "doctor" thing...details, details...ok, your challenge for living off the food in your house for a week got me thinking- I am in big trouble! I do however have a big stock of fruit snacks and granola bars (at least my kids could survive!)
Cute blog! Jer makes me call him doctor too. I sent you an invite to our blog. Congrats Jeff.
Julia
I love your blog! and I would say he has worked hard enough to be called whatever he wants, which is probably honey, by only you Liz!
Post a Comment