June 5, 2008

Emergency Food Challenge

Ok, this post is for Lisa who offered this awesome challenge: Trying to live off of our food in the house for 1 week to see how prepared we are.
Well, our family was in town so the last time we went to the store was Monday and we're doing pretty good. We've had leftover stuff a lot and peanut butter and jelly. We've actually been on a pretty tight grocery budget for the last month so it's been fun for me to get creative and do things like make my own bread and cookies and rolls and stuff. One day for lunch we just had homemade bread with butter and jam...I think that's bad when you have like 4 pieces and aren't planning on running anytime soon?!? Oh well. I have a hard time with not going to the store because I am a total sales finder. Like today an ad came for avacado's 6 for $1.00...are you kidding me? That's insane...I seriously might have to break down and go buy some. I'm with all those who love to have fresh fruit/produce every week, it's hard! Also, our fridge wasn't turned up enough so we had like $6.00 worth of milk go bad ;( very very sad. Looks like we'll be making powdered milk again tomorrow..the best kind I've had is Morning Moo's it isn't as stinky and tastes better than the church one. Thanks for the challenge Lisa!

2 comments:

The Gough's said...

I'm impressed!! Powdered milk...I'd rather have no milk I think. I don't really drink it much anyway though. I hope the Davenports are doing wonderful in sunny vegas! We will be down your direction tomorrow - but we are only going as far as St. G...Or we'd come see ya!

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

Hey guys!! Can't wait to see ya in August. It was good to talk to ya jeff. You guys are the coolest!