August 11, 2008

The BEST dog there ever was...


Not everyone is a dog lover. Jeff was probably one of those who didn't really care for dogs, until for our 2nd anniversary he gave in and bought me this beautiful black bundle of fun we named Annie. She was a mix between a black lab and a husky and she had the best traits from both of them. Annie was living in Idaho with Grandma and Grandpa Cranor while we've been in Las Vegas and boy did she love their yard! Annie loved to swim and we always had to have a kiddie pool full of water for her to cool off in. She also loved to get into trouble and made a lot of extra work for Grandpa Cranor; re-wiring his barbed wire fence, re-building the wooden spindles on the deck that she chewed through, running her along side the snowmachine when she ran off. Saturday she went on another adventure with Sadie and went swimming in the canal late at night, but this time she didn't get to make it back home. Annie got hit by a car and was killed. Jeff and I may be a little biased, but we really do think she was the best dog ever. She helped us get through some pretty tough times and made us feel like we always had someone to take care of who loved us no matter what. Mom & Dad, thanks for taking such good care of her and Annie, thanks for being the best dog there ever was.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

K Lind said...

From one dog lover to another, I understand how hard it is. Sorry for your loss.

The Gough's said...

I am so sorry...:( I wanted to comment and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you are able to enjoy your day...Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's horrible news. I'm so sorry.
I'll give you Tido-he doesn't die! Although I can't guarantee he won't pee in your mouth.
Sorry about Annie.
-Luke said it was fun to see you guys. Are you going to the ten year?

Kim said...

Oh man. I totally remember when you brought home that little bundle of black. It makes me sad to hear the news. I'm sure she's having a grand ol time up there with Willie..remember him?

Jessica June said...

Liz that is SO SAD!! It is amazing how much we can love our pets! That stinks!!
we were sad we missed you on your trip home- bad timing!! Hopefully it will work out better next time! Love you guys!